- Novella and Novel length Fiction works of genre fiction (all genres) or pulp fiction only
- Word Count is to be minimum 30,000 to maximum 90,000 words
- Payment is 8 cents per 100 words in year 2013. Please note this will change every year in progressive manner
- Send detailed synopsis and “about the author” brief only. No need to send us the entire manuscript
- Send MS Word or Open Office .doc file. No other option exists. Definitely not docX or TXT files. Email the Editor at editor @ freedomfiction.com
- For Art submissions a working web link will be sufficient. We would contact you if we have a specific artwork required for a story
- If we choose to publish your work, we will require you to send us acceptance of our publishing contract which states that “you are the owner/creator of the work, willing to allow its publication in Freedom Fiction and all legal liabilities arising out of any copyright infringement due to plagiarism committed by you will be your sole responsibility”
Steps to publication:
1. Submissions reviewed
2. Submission selected
3. Standard Agreement drafted
4. US $ 25 for the first 1000 copies in print
5. Thereafter the author receives 50 percent of the profits as Royalty for every extra copy sold
6. The publishing agreement is valid for 2 years only
7. So if FFJ is unable to sell 1000 copies by two years time, all publishing rights revert back to the Author and FFJ withdraws from publication of the said book
8. Payments by PayPal.com
9. Ebooks will be the format offered by FFJ
10. Copyright is always held by the author
11. Exclusive publishing rights are required for the agreed two years. Thereafter the agreement is annulled and a new agreement is offered or it is agreed to part ways
A Writer writes and that’s what you need to do to keep your creative motors running. The writer’s primary endowment is his good name, so don’t plagiarise and capitalise on goodwill.
So send in your creative works to the editor and we will get back to you within 90 days timeframe. On publishing – please understand that we have a good amount of fiction in the pipeline so acceptance of fiction/ art does not mean immediate publication. It will happen soon enough and will definitely email you to inform you of the same.
* * * * * * * * * *
Hello Freedom Friends,
It has been a rollercoaster ride for us all involved in this eZine concept. I have not just edited your content but have had conversations with you. Many of you are regular friends with me on Facebook.
Due to the unsustainability of this volunteer-driven project, freedomfiction.com is changing directions. Our editors are simply story-lovers. They don’t get a remuneration. We wanted to offer a serious platform for amateur writers.
It is also not fair to our contributing authors who share their heart and joy with us and don’t actually get paid for the job well done. Yet so many re-submit to our magazine regularly, you know them well. FreedomFiction.com kept its original promise of reviewing and editing every single submission – irrespective of it being rejected or accepted.
Finally, there are our readers. And there are so many of them. But they don’t really voice enough support to justify this one-sided love affair with fiction.
All the published works will continue to be available as a free downloadable PDF in the Twisted Tales section. That’s a legacy. Our collective history.
FreedomFiction.com will now be an independent publisher instead of an independent magazine. We will publish only book-length works. There will be a payscale but don’t expect us to compete with Penguin or HarperCollins anytime soon.
The dream is alive. We just changed our sleeping positions.
More details will be posted on the website as we switch gears and set sail on a new adventure.
Love and Hugs to all,
Editor for FFJ
* * * * * * * * * *