Hello Freedom Friends,
It has been a rollercoaster ride for us all involved in this eZine concept. I have not just edited your content but have had conversations with you. Many of you are regular friends with me on Facebook.
Due to the unsustainability of this volunteer-driven project, freedomfiction.com is changing directions. Our editors are simply story-lovers. They don’t get a remuneration. We wanted to offer a serious platform for amateur writers.
It is also not fair to our contributing authors who share their heart and joy with us and don’t actually get paid for the job well done. Yet so many re-submit to our magazine regularly, you know them well. FreedomFiction.com kept its original promise of reviewing and editing every single submission – irrespective of it being rejected or accepted.
Finally, there are our readers. And there are so many of them. But they don’t really voice enough support to justify this one-sided love affair with fiction.
All the published works will continue to be available as a free downloadable PDF in the Twisted Tales section. That’s a legacy. Our collective history.
FreedomFiction.com will now be an independent publisher instead of an independent magazine. We will publish only book-length works. There will be a payscale but don’t expect us to compete with Penguin or HarperCollins anytime soon.
The dream is alive. We just changed our sleeping positions.
More details will be posted on the website as we switch gears and set sail on a new adventure.
Love and Hugs to all,
Editor for FFJ
* * * * * * * * * *
Writer / Artist Submission Guidelines:
- Fiction Short Stories from 1000 (minimum) to 3000 words (maximum upto 10,000 words for exceptions on query) are solicited. Your submissions should be in MS Word .DOC format or .RTF format. Please don’t send us DocX or other file formats. Use Open Office and create .doc or .rtf files for free. For longer than 3000 words please query first with a clear synopsis.
- Email your submissions to The Editor.
- Please specify the Genre, Synopsis (in 100 words or less), Word Count, Title of the story, etc in your submission.
- For Art submissions a working web link will be sufficient. We would contact you if we have a specific artwork required for a story.
- If we choose to publish your work, we will require you to send us acceptance of our publishing contract which states that “you are the owner/creator of the work, willing to allow its publication in Freedom Fiction and all legal liabilities arising out of any copyright infringement due to plagiarism committed by you will be your sole responsibility”.
A Writer writes and that’s what you need to do to keep your creative motors running. The writer’s primary endowment is his good name, so don’t plagiarise and capitalise on goodwill.
So send in your creative works to the editor and we will get back to you within 90 days timeframe. On publishing – please understand that we have a good amount of fiction in the pipeline so acceptance of fiction/ art does not mean immediate publication. It will happen soon enough and will definitely email you to inform you of the same.